HVAC San Antonio
Atlas AC Repair is a HVAC specialist in San Antonio, TX
Atlas AC Repair is an HVAC company that does HVAC repair, HVAC replacement, and HVAC installation in San Antonio, TX. If you’re looking for HVAC system service near me, give Atlas AC Repair a call!
HVAC Service In San Antonio
HVAC Repair San Antonio
San Antonio is one of the best Texas cities for many good reasons. San Antonio is the home to the Alamo and has the Riverwalk we all enjoy. One of the only downsides we experience is the extreme summer heat that routinely enters the triple digits. When this happens, our HVAC systems must work overtime to keep us cool. The high demand on our HVAC system causes parts and components to fail. Failure of even inexpensive components can take down the entire HVAC. When this happens, you need an HVAC company to repair your system fast. Atlas AC Repair is an HVAC company in San Antonio that can repair any HVAC problem you might be experiencing. Whether you are having issues with your AC unit, furnace, or ventilation, we can repair it. Call Atlas AC Repair for service today!
How much does an HVAC repair cost in San Antonio?
- An HVAC repair cost can vary quite a bit depending on the repair. It can range from $125 to fix a thermostat problem to $2000 to replace a leaking coil. If your HVAC system has been maintained correctly, what will determine if it’s going to be a major or a minor repair is the age of your HVAC system. The older your HVAC system, the more wear and tear on the individual parts, some of which may no longer be manufactured. If your HVAC is over 15 years old, it is normal for a repair to cost thousands of dollars. If your HVAC is less than 15 years old and has been well maintained, the repair cost should be in the hundreds.
HVAC Replacement & Installation San Antonio
We all know that our HVAC system won’t last forever. A typical HVAC system lasts from 15 to 22 years, depending on the brand and how it was installed. The summer heat can put a lot of wear and tear on our HVACs to the point repairing the system no longer makes sense. When this happens, your home or business needs a new HVAC replacement. Atlas AC Repair specializes in HVAC replacement ranging from residential systems to large commercial package units. If you need to find out the cost of a new HVAC replacement, call us today for a free quote!
What is the Installation Cost of a New HVAC System?
- A complete HVAC installation, including the indoor and outdoor unit with no ductwork, can range from $5,000 to $8,000 for a basic 14 SEER system. The pricing varies depending on the tonnage of the HVAC and system type, whether you have gas, straight electric, or heat pump. Electric HVAC systems are the least expensive, while gas HVAC systems are the most costly.
Why does an HVAC System Fail Before It is 15 Years Old?
- In our experience, we have found that most AC systems that fail before that are 15 years old do so for two reasons.
- Not maintaining the HVAC system properly by changing filters regularly or having an HVAC company do preventative maintenance after the system is ten years old can shorten its life.
- Unknown to many, the lifespan is dramatically reduced if the HVAC system is not installed correctly.
HVAC Duct Work San Antonio
HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. The ventilation part of your HVAC system is your ductwork. The ductwork is most commonly found in most attic spaces. Over time your ventilation can get dirt causing mold and allergy problems. It can also start to break down, creating leaks and causing wasted air flow to go into your attic instead of your home. This can also cause hot and cold spots throughout your home. If this happens to you, you might need to replace some or all of your ductwork. Call Atlas AC repair for a free quote if you want to replace your ventilation.
How much does new HVAC duct work cost?
A good estimate to replace one duct run is around $150. So, to get a rough price for your entire home, you can count the number of registers you have in each room and then multiply by $150 to get a price. If you have a total of 15 registers in your ceiling, it would cost $2250 (15 registers x $150 = $2250) for all new duct work. This should help give you a good idea of the cost of new HVAC ductwork in San Antonio.
HVAC Maintenance San Antonio
Proper HVAC maintenance can go a long way in keeping your HVAC system running for a long time. The San Antonio heat puts a lot of demand on our HVAC system, and if they are not properly maintained, it could shorten your system’s life expectancy. If your HVAC system is older than ten years, it’s a good idea to work with an HVAC company to do annual maintenance for your system. This will help to reduce the demand on your system, helping it to last longer. If you are looking for a good HVAC company in San Antonio, give Atlas AC Repair a call to maintain your HVAC system.
How much does HVAC Maintenance cost?
- There is a big difference between maintaining your HVAC system and doing a basic check-up. A basic check-up is usually only for a technician to take a look at your system to see if it is in good working order. A check-up cost around $75. Proper maintenance would include cleaning your HVAC system and replacing back components that are starting to fail. For complete maintenance, it costs around $150 in San Antonio.
DYI best practices
- One of the best things you can do to minimize service calls is to change your filters every month. This helps your HVAC system breathe easier, reducing the strain on your system and reducing the number of components that will fail. Another good practice is to keep your outdoor AC unit clear of plants and cleaned off. This will help your AC unit exchange heat more efficiently, once again lowering the demand on your HVAC system. So by changing your filters and keeping your outdoor AC unit clean, you can quickly reduce the number of HVAC service calls and add a few years to your system.
What is the average cost for Atlas AC Repair to repair, replace or maintain an HVAC system in San Antonio?
As we all know, each house is a little different from one another, we might run into some unforeseen problems. That being said, the pricing may vary depending on the application. However, if you are setting budgets for a repair or the cost of a new AC unit, this chart is a good rule of thumb to work from.
Commercial HVAC San Antonio
Finding a good commercial HVAC contractor in San Antonio can be a real challenge. Many commercial contracts we take over from the previous HVAC company, we find that they were not doing PMAs and repairs properly. So many commercial HVAC companies do this because they want your HVAC system to lay down and quit working so they can get a system change out. Atlas AC Repair does not work this way. We understand each company has set budgets for the year, and the facility manager needs to stay within those budgets. Our number one goal at Atlas AC Repair is to keep our facility manager in budget for the year whether that is to help an HVAC system limp along for another year or do a full HVAC replacement. If you have commercial facilities in San Antonio and are looking for a good HVAC company, give Atlas AC repair a call!
How much does a commercial HVAC service call cost?
- Our dispatch fee to call a technician to the job site costs $75. After that, we charge $108 per hour that our tech is there. We charge a 35% markup on the COG for parts and materials. Atlas AC Repair can repair, replace and maintain HVAC systems up to 25 tons.
How much does a commercial PMA cost?
- Our PMA can vary depending on the tonnage of the HVAC system, the number of filters, and the preventative maintenance SOW. Our average price for a 10-ton RTU is $225 per PM visit.
HVAC Service for Residential Property Managers
Most property management groups have a lot on their plate they have to deal with every day. When it comes to a tenant needing service, the property manager has to read their contract, get approval from the owner, schedule a service company, then coordinate finding and billing with the owner. That is a lot of moving parts for just a simple service call. Another prominent problem property managers run into is how the owner of the facility makes money. Very little money will be made on rent until their banknote is paid in full. This forces the property manager to keep repair costs to a minimum. This leaves little to no money for the property manager to do their job. Atlas AC Repair understands that property managers have a difficult job, from too much on their plate to not having enough money to properly fix the problem.
A better process
- Atlas AC Repair speeds up the process from excepting the work orders by email to same-day invoicing. When we get a work order for an HVAC service call, we immediately schedule with the tenant and update the property manager on the time slot the tenant chose. If the HVAC repairs fall under the NTE, we will get the system back up and running that day. If it is over the NTE, we create a video demonstrating our diagnoses and repair options. We submit the recommended work within the hour. The repair options will include a cheap temporary fix and a long-term fix. When the property manager submits the finding to the owner, the owner can watch the video and determine if they’re going to bide time to accumulate enough money for the long-term fix or to pull the tiger now instead of later. Providing extra services to the property owner helps create an added service some management groups don’t offer, keeping you more relevant than other groups.
Keep your cost down
- We all know that everyone has to follow a budget, and it can be a challenge to keep your HVAC repair and replacement cost to a minimum. There are two ways we solve this problem for our property manager. The first way has to do with our business model. Atlas AC Repair is more of a volume base wholesale HVAC company. Our pricing is typically cheaper than a one-trucker, but you get all the perks of working with a large HVAC company. The second way we solve this is by offering options. If an HVAC system is down and needs to be replaced, we always include a six-month repair option to give the owner to budget for the HVAC replacement. If you are a residential property management group and you’re looking for an HVAC company that will take good care of you, give Atlas AC Repair a call!
HVAC Brands We Service
There are many different air conditioning brands, ranging from Carrier to Trane. Sometimes, older HVAC systems can lose their nameplate along with the model tags. This can make it a real challenge to identify what you have. You might have a Goodman, a Lennox, or another HVAC system. Either way, Atlas AC Repair has highly trained expert technicians who can service any HVAC brand you might have. If you’re looking for an expert HVAC company that can service or replace any brand, give us a call, and we will be happy to help.
Air conditioner installation made affordable.
Want low monthly payments for your new AC Equipment? Atlas AC Repair believes in giving options to empower you as you make the best choice for you and your home. We make it simple. Apply from the comfort of your home …and decide if a low monthly payment makes more sense than dipping into your emergency fund or savings account.