AC Installation San Antonio & Austin
AC Installation San Antonio / Austin Texas
There are many things to consider when choosing the right air conditioning installation company.
That is a lot to consider! At Atlas AC Repair we believe it’s our job to help every homeowner in San Antonio to get the right AC installation, at the best price, along with a fast and reliable service.
When your AC is past repair and needs to be upgraded in San Antonio or Austin, we’re here to make the AC installation process easy.
Call the Atlas team at (210) 549-9550 for fast and reliable AC installation.
Find out your complete AC installation price in seconds
12 Things Every Homeowner Should Know Before Buying a New AC
The HVAC industry still operates like the wild west, and many homeowners are left to fend for themselves. Atlas AC created the AC Buyers Guide to prevent homeowners from being exploited by untrustworthy AC companies.
Use this guide to help you select the best AC Company for your next AC Replacement.
Get a Fair price for your AC installation In San Antonio
New air conditioner installation is a big investment and no homeowner wants to overpay. Just like taking your vehicle to an auto shop for service, you don’t know how much things cost because you are not a mechanic. It’s the same thing for air conditioning, you are not a HVAC contractor so how do you know if you are getting fair pricing on an AC installation in San Antonio? This is a big challenge for many homeowners to weed through. When it comes to getting a fair AC installation price, there are a few things you can do to make sure the company is being honest with you in San Antonio.
- Do they have salesmen? You might be asking the question, “what is wrong with a salesman?” That’s a good question, the big problem is the way a salesman makes their money, by commissions. Yep, they only make money when they sell you something and bigger is better for them. What this typically leads to is someone trying to strong arm you into an upsell on an AC installation you don’t even want. On average your are going to spend 25% to 33% more on an AC installation in San Antonio if a salesman is involved.
- How did you find them? Surprisingly how you find and air conditioning company can determine the price of an AC installation. A lot of air conditioning companies will pay around 15% on advertising just to get in front of you. What this mean is if an AC installation cost should only cost $5,500, they have to charge you $6,350, an extra $850 for the same thing. Now if they also have a salesman that’s another 25% on top of that. The best thing you can do to prevent this is to not use directories like Home Adviser and Angies List or advertisements like Google search ads to find a company. Do a basic Google search, scroll down past the ads, then start looking through each company and their review. Here is one of our reviews as an example to be looking for, “Called Atlas AC and Christina was able to get us an appointment the next day in the morning. Genesis came to our home on time and was able to diagnose and provide options for getting our A/C back to working condition. No pressure sales and great pricing. Will definitely use Atlas Air again if we need them.”
- Are they transparent? And the last thing you can look for but the most difficult to find is an open book air conditioning company. Many company do their best to keep their customers in the dark so they can charge whatever they want to charge. A quick test you can use to find out is if they air conditioning company will give you a rough ball park price over the phone. We do this all the time for our customers and 90% of the time we are able to honor the prices we gave over the phone after the site inspection.
If you are needing an AC installation in San Antonio, we will be more than happy to give your accurate pricing over the phone. Call today (210) 549-9550!
Am I getting a good AC installation brand in San Antonio?
There is a little bit of a balancing act when it comes to choosing the right AC installation brand in San Antonio. There are high end brand like Lennox and American Standard, then you have your most reliable like Carrier and Trane, then there is your most budget friendly like Goodman. If your looking for something that has all the bells and whistles a Lennox or American Standard are going to be your best bet. If your looking for something that’s going to come through for you day in and day out I would go with a Carrier or Trane. If your are looking for a low cost AC installation but is still a good air conditioner, Goodman is the way to go.
We primarily us Carrier as our flag ship brand we use the most. For our customers it ends up being that happy medium between high end and budget friendly. It’s a great brand that we stand behind because we know when you go with a Carrier for a new AC installation in San Antonio you will not be disappointed. We service and install all brand, so if you have a specific brand in mind we can certainly take good care of you.
Do you have a specific brand in mind for a new AC installation, give us a call for a quick quote.
Do they have qualified installation techs?
There are a lot of homeowner that don’t know, having the right technicians doing the AC installation can play a big part in how long your air conditioner will last. We have replaced new air conditioners that were only one year old because the first contractor installed it wrong. This is actually more important than the brand you decide to go with because if the AC installation is done wrong it doesn’t matter what brand you have. There is 2 ways we solve this problem for our customers.
- The first way we solve this problem is only employing the best air conditioning and heating installers. Our installers are seasoned veterans who have installed hundreds of air conditioners. We are constantly doing continuing education to stay up to date on the best practices. Let’s face it, working in a hot attic is a hard job that no one really want, we understand that it take a special type a person that is willing to do this work. This is why we put a lot of emphasis on finding the right people because most can’t handle this type of work.
- To pretend that we are perfect would mean we are not human. Mistakes do happen, there is just no way out of it. That is way the second way we fix this problem is simply standing behind our work. If we messed on an AC installation, we will make it right.
If your are looking for highly qualified techs to do your AC installation in San Antonio, give us a call.
A good reputation speaks volumes!
As we all know, you are not just buying a new air conditioner and furnace you are also buying the AC installation companies reputation. Building a strange repetition in air conditioning is very difficult because there are so many snake oil salesmen out there giving this industry a bad name. We pride ourselves in following the traditional air conditioning model. We decided early on that our number on job was to help empower the customer to make the most informed decision possible even if it’s at our loss. We keep things simple, we don’t sell, we simply inform our customers and provide the best workmanship possible. It is easy for a company to say we stand behind our work but it’s had for a company to prioritize the customer of profits. We believe in doing the hard work. Give us a call if you needing an AC installation in San Antonio.
Make a confident decision with Atlas AC Repair.
Fast AC Install
In San Antonio the weather can get a little extreme. The summers can routinely get into the triple digits for weeks on end. When your air conditioner goes down for good your home can get hot fast. With the summer being so hot, you can't sit around waiting for an AC installation when inside your home is 90 degrees. We understand that no one can function with these circumstances. There are 2 ways we help to solve this problem. The first way is we typically can do an AC installation in San Antonio the very next day once everything is finalized. The second way we solve this is by bring you spot cooler to cool your home as you are waiting for your AC installation in San Antonio. That way you can still function in your home without it being 90 degrees inside.
There is nothing better than free money! In most cases, there are utility rebates available that can help lower the cost of your new AC installation. In the San Antonio area the utility company rebates for AC systems that are over 16 Seer in efficiency. It is most ideal to work with a company in San Antonio that can help navigate you through the rebate process. That why once your are on the other side of the AC installation you are still eligible for your rebate. If your looking for someone who will help walk you through that process, you can always count on us to help.
Financing can play a big roll in get the right brand and Seer for your AC installation. An AC installation in San Antonio isn't cheap and to get what you want without putting a financial burden on your family, financing could be a good option. We work with 4 different finance companies that can customize your loan based on the purchase size and credit score. We offer many finance options, from 60 months to no interest for 12 months. Whatever finance option you might be looking for, we can help.
San Antonio Complete Buyers Guide for AC installation
If you’re looking for fair pricing and a reliable company, follow this guide.
The HVAC Basics
- Do they have a TDLR HVAC license
- Does their primary brand match what you are looking for
- Do they have good reviews on Google and BBB
Make sure you are protected
- Do they have over a millions dollars in G&L insurance
- Do they have workers compensation insurance
- Do they offer a 1+ Year labor warranty
What to stay away from
- Do they have commission salesmen
- Do they outsource their installers/don’t use an inhouse installation team
- Do they have less than 5 people working for them
Are they a real AC company?
When it comes to table stakes of air conditioning in San Antonio there are 3 things every company should have. They should have a TDLR license, G&L insurance, and workers comp insurance. If they do not have these 3 things and an AC installation doesn’t turn out correctly their is not much you, the homeowner, can do about it. If an installation goes sideways and the company doesn’t have a TDLR you have no where to go to hold their feet to the fire. If they don’t have the right insurance and they damage your home they might not be able to afford to fix the damages. These three things are really to make sure the homeowner is covered if something happens on an AC installation.
Don't be at risk
The next questions is will they do a good job?
- This can be difficult to quantify for a when you are looking through the review of a company. There are 3rd party review software that many air conditioner companies use in to shield costumers of all their bad reviews. The BBB is going to be one of the most reliable review sources you can use to keep this from happening. Another technique many people will use to bust their reviews is by buy fake reviews. A lot of times you can identify this if there are a lot of review that are very simulate to one another. Overall written reviews are still one of the best ways to measure how well an AC installation is going to turn out.
- A 1 year labor warranty and a good air conditioner brand go hand in hand. If an AC installation is over a hear old with no problems, odds are is it is good for many years to come. If there are major issues with the AC installation, there is a good chance it will pop up in the first year and if the contractor has a 1 year labor warranty you should be covered. A strong brand goes hand in hand with this because no good contract is going to want to install junk and then warranty it for 1 year. We largely represent Carrier because once the equipment is registered, you get a 10 year warranty on parts. Finding a contractor with a good labor warranty and brand is going to set you up for a smooth AC installation.
- Inhouse installers is pretty important. There are many air conditioning contractors who out source the the AC installation. The contractors that outsource require the 3rd party installer to pull permits, have insurances, use their own TDLR, and provide the labor warranty. A lot of time short cuts are made because the responsibility of the AC installation is muddled. The 3rd party installer is normally a one trucker so is something goes south, they will close shop and go work for someone else. Then you go to the contractor that sold you the AC installation but they did not pull the permits so they can try to weasel out of the reasonability. In general, if you are needing an AC installation San Antonio, it’s just safer to use a contractor with inhouse installers to avoid this from potentially happening.
What to stay away from
There are a few things you can look for to keep from putting yourself through the ringer. You can pay attention to see if they use questionable sales tactics or look at the size of the contractor.
- One of the things we see all the time is a salesman trying to strong arm a customer into an AC installation they may not want or need. If you call a air conditioning tech to your home because it’s not working right. The tech diagnoses it and tells you that there are major issues with your air conditioner. Then another truck pulls into your drive way and another person come into your home to offer you option on a new AC installation because there is nothing else they can do. The first thing you should do is don’t believe him and get a second opinion. I can’t tell you the number of time we have gone to a customers home for a second opinion and we only find a minor problem wrong with the air conditioner and it doesn’t need to be replaced. The reason this happens is the tech and salesman both make a commission on a AC installation. It’s a bad business model because a lot of time they have to mislead customer to simply make a living in San Antonio. It’s just easiest to avoid these types of companies.
- The size of the company can determine how long they might be around and the quality of work. This can come across as counter intuitive because a lot of time a smaller company can deliver higher quality because they have lower volume. This is not the case for air conditioner contractors because this is a license trade. What that means is the guy with the license is the boss, and is in the field, and oversees the workmanship of the others. It’s just too much and a ton of stuff falls through the cracks. That includes when the work wasn’t done correctly and you can get him back on the phone or fix the problem in a reasonable amount of time. It’s a little safer to work with a company that has more than 5 people and at least 1 full time person in the office.
Need a new air conditioner installed?
When your AC is past repair and needs to be upgraded, we’re here to make the AC install process easy from getting a FREE quote to the installation of your new AC system. No detail is too small or overlooked when it comes to the comfort of your home.
Simply select your system and get a quote now.
We send an experienced technician to do a 10-minute visual inspection for verification purposes, making sure there are no unforeseen issues to run into during the installation.
If you are interested in financing, we work with a 3rd party finance company that specializes in funding AC installations. If you’re not interested in financing, no worries, we normally ask for a 50% deposit and the balance once you are 100% satisfied.
Is your HVAC 18+Years old?
At this age, repairs become more costly, parts are becoming obsolete and the refrigerant necessary is no longer available. Increasingly more expensive utility bills and repairs put a strain on the budget and your comfort. Atlas AC Repair provides financing options that can help make your home comfortable again for one low monthly payment that fits easily into your budget.
Did you know? The refrigerant in older AC equipment, known as Freon, is believed to be one of the worst offenders for our ozone. New AC equipment uses Puron which has an ozone depletion rating of zero. And, it performs slightly better than Freon.
How Much Can You Save by Upgrading to a Higher Efficiency Air Conditioner?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio.
Every air conditioner or heat pump has a SEER rating, which signifies its energy efficiency. The higher the number, the less electricity the air conditioner uses.
The SEER Savings calculator can help you answer the following questions:
Why choose us
The Atlas Professional Promise
Air conditioner installation made affordable.
Air Conditioner Rebate
CPS Air Conditioner Rebate
The CPS Air Conditioner Rebate Program can show you ways to save energy. If you are a CPS Energy customer and own your own home, you can receive valuable rebates for your upgrade projects to speed up your return on investment. The Rebate Application can be found here on the CPS Energy website https://residential.savenow.cpsenergy.com/rebates or you can DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE.